Now in its fifth year, the Healthcare Design Rising Star awards honor a group of professionals who have focused on healthcare design for fewer than 10 years but who already possess the passion, determination, and experience to drive change within the industry.
Showcasing a range of skills and talents and serving in positions across architecture, interior design, research, and lighting design, this year’s nine honorees stood out for their accomplishments so far as well as how they’re positioned to solve the challenges coming next.
The 2022 Rising Stars are:
- Ryan Conover, associate, Light + Health, The Lighting Practice (Philadelphia)
- Annette Couvillon, associate, HKS (Dallas)
- Jann Gao, vice president, Blue Cottage of CannonDesign (Chicago)
- Brian Henks, senior associate, architect & medical planner, Hoefer Welker (Leawood, Kan.)
- Jenna Maier, senior associate, Wilmot Sanz (Rockville, Md.)
- Sophia Skemp, medical planner, BWBR (St. Paul, Minn.)
- Y Pham, designer, SmithGroup (San Francisco)
- Autumn Wines, medical planner, HOK (Washington, D.C.)
- Anosha Zanjani, behavioral health design specialist, HDR (Los Angeles)
The winners are profiled in the October issue of Healthcare Design and were recognized during the magazine’s awards luncheon held during the HCD Expo & Conference on Oct. 8-11 in San Antonio.
Here’s more information on the HCD Rising Star awards.
Anne DiNardo is executive editor of Healthcare Design. She can be reached at [email protected].